Extra Duplo Composite Horseshoe with Clips Traction Profile
PRICE REFLECTS EACH SHOE
The extra Duplo Composite Horseshoe with clips and traction profile is a plastic traction horseshoe with a metal inlay for sale available in sizes 114 mm -150 mm in the round shape and 114 mm -150 mm in the oval shape. The green plastic inlay represents the Shore hardness scale of the plastic. The green plastic inlay shoes are harder than the orange plastic inlay shoes of the Standard line with Clips Traction Profile plastic horseshoe. Round or oval pattern and the size determined at the widest point of the hoof. The plastic traction horseshoe applies to environments with mud or gravel. No inner plastic lip is available on the extra line.
Features of the Extra Duplo Composite Horseshoe with Clips Traction Profile:
- No extra modification needed for basic traction.
- Quarter clips provide stability while nailing.
- Quarter clips reduce shoe torsion in sport, excess growth, and with limited hoof wall for nailing.
- Green inlay of plastic knobs on the sole surface to reduce torsion on the hoof.
- Round and Oval shape for easier modification of the fit.
- Price to performance ratio makes the shoes cost effective.
Modifications available to the Extra Duplo Composite Horseshoe with Clips Traction Profile
- Widen or narrow the metal inlay to fit the hoof.
- Grind or nipper/rasp the plastic to fit the back of the hoof.
- Remove green plastic knobs if placement is on the hoof sole.
- Rocker toe the metal inlay for therapeutic application.
- Bevel the break over into the plastic toe region to reduce leverage.
- Plastic weld glue on tabs to any model.
- Removal of one or both clips if needed.
Additionally, reference the instructional videos for demonstrations. The contact page is available for technical support. Further more the custom build page shows examples of how the shoe is shaped or modified. Duplo Composite Horseshoes have stability and flexibility matched to the hoof. The extra clipped model with traction profile is used for prevention of pathology, therapeutic settings, and where more shoe traction is needed. The clipped shoes with traction profile can be applied with nails or glue on tabs and because of the clips less nails are needed. The hoof wall is first notched out for the clip and then hammered into the hoof to set the clip. Consequently there is no hot fitting the shoe!