Standard Duplo Composite Horseshoe
PRICE REFLECTS EACH SHOE
The standard Duplo Composite Horseshoe is a plastic horseshoe with a metal inlay for sale available in sizes 102 mm-158 mm in the round shape and 102 mm-154 mm in the oval shape. The orange plastic inlay represents the Shore hardness scale of the plastic. The orange plastic inlay shoes are softer than the green plastic inlay shoes of the Extra line plastic horseshoe. The rest of the standard line models are additions to the basic model. Further more, from the basic standard Duplo Composite Horseshoe a variety of modifications create the perfect shape and fit for the hoof. Round or oval pattern and the size determined at the widest point of the hoof.
Features of the standard Duplo Composite Horseshoe:
- Orange inlay of plastic knobs on the sole surface to reduce torsion on the hoof.
- Round and Oval shape for easier modification of the fit.
- Plastic rim reduces debris and snow accumulation under the shoe.
- Large variation of sizes to accommodate the variety of horses.
- Price to performance ratio makes the shoes cost effective.
Modifications available to the standard Duplo Composite Horseshoe
- Widen or narrow the metal inlay to fit the hoof.
- Grind or nipper/rasp the plastic to fit the back of the hoof.
- Remove orange plastic knobs if placement is on the hoof sole.
- Remove or thin the plastic rim to accommodate the sole height.
- Rocker toe the metal inlay for therapeutic application.
- Bevel the break over into the plastic toe region to reduce leverage.
- Grind traction profile in the plastic for increased ground traction.
- Addition of Gripstuds for winter traction.
- Plastic weld glue on tabs to any model.
Additionally, reference the instructional videos for demonstrations. The contact page is available for technical support. Further more the custom build page shows examples of how the shoe is shaped or modified. Compared to other composite horseshoes on the market Duplo Composite Horseshoes have stability and flexibility matched to the hoof. The standard base model is used for prevention of pathology and in therapeutic settings. Basic application is straight forward nail on and can also be glued on or a combination.